La semaine prochaine - Le 17 au 22 juin, 2022
At the time of posting, there are two days of school left. Please remember that June 20th is a non-instructional day for students, and that June 21st is Indigenous Peoples Day. There is no school on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
This will be our last posting to our school's website. JH Sissons was originally built in 1975. The building itself was closed in an official ceremony held in late June 2020. Now that we are opening École Įtl’ǫ̀ on August 29th, this will be our last posting to the JH Sissons website. Our staff have really enjoyed working and learning with your children over the past year. We would like to thank you for your ongoing support of our school, and of your children's learning. We wish you and your family a safe and happy summer.
Key Date and Times Until June 22nd
- Friday, June 17th
- School Spirit Week - Beach Day
- Monday, June 20th
- Non-Instructional Day - Non-instructional day (no school for students)
- Tuesday, June 21st
- National Indigenous Peoples Day - School Closed
- Wednesday, June 22nd
- Last Day of School - Report cards come home with students at the end of the day
- 2:30 PM - Grade 5 Farewell Gathering on the soccer field (weather permitting). Families of Grade 5 students are welcome to attend. If there is rain, the event will take place in the William McDonald gym.
Key Information - August, 2022
- Registration for École Įtl’ǫ̀ can be taken throughout the summer by emailing your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School supply lists are available on the École Įtł’ǫ̀ website's 'Resources' tab
- Friday, August 26th - School arrival information to be posted on the École Įtl’ǫ̀ website by the end of the day
- Saturday, August 27th - Families of all registered students will receive an email confirming their child's classroom teacher for 2022/2023 (likely late afternoon or early evening)
- Monday, August 29th - JK students may start entering the school at 8:00, students in K-5 may enter at the bell at 8:20!
Lost and Found
We have a number of items that have been left in our lost and found. Mme Danika J. has taken pictures of them so that you can see if anything belongs to your child. Anything left at the school after 3:45 on June 22nd will be donated to local charities. If you see something that belongs to your child, please make sure they pick it up before then.