Skip to main content

Register Now

Parents/ guardians can download a registration form here and bring it to a school of choice, YK1's District Office (5402 50 Avenue) or scan and email it to  

Homeschooling Registration Forms

If you wish to homeschool your child(ren) please ensure you fill out the registration form below and submit it to YK1's District Office. If you have any questions not answered in the documents below, contact our office at (867) 766-5050.

School Supplies Reimbursement for Treaty Rights Students

Yellowknife Education District No. 1 respects the Treaty Rights of Aboriginal students.  In accordance with section 4.1 of the Education Act, Aboriginal students with Treaty Rights are exempt from paying school fees, provided that proof of Treaty Rights status is demonstrated.   To demonstrate this status, the "Certificate of Indian Status" card, issued by the Department of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada ("INAC" or "DIAND"), will be used.

To receive reimbursement for school supplies, please download the form below. Bring it, along with a copy (front and back) of your "Certificate of Indian Status" card to the school you are registered in where an office staff member will sign the form confirming your registration.  Once fully completed, please bring the form to the YK1 District Office (5402-50th Avenue) for immediate reimbursement.  This reimbursement form must be completed annually.

image description
Back to top