Parents/ guardians can download a registration form here and bring it to the school of your choice, YK1's District Office (5402 50 Avenue) or scan and email it to email@example.com.
Homeschooling Information & Registration Forms
If you wish to homeschool your child(ren) please ensure you fill out the registration form below and submit it to YK1's District Office. If you have any questions not answered in the documents below, contact our office at (867) 766-5050.
- Home Schooling Registration Form
- Home Schooling Instructions For Applying
- Home Schooling List Of Acceptable Expenditures
- Home Schooling Directive
- Home Schooling FAQs
- Home Schooling Procedure A270
- Home Schooling Regulations
- Fillable YK1 Expense Claim Form (Don't know how to fill this form out? Click here to watch a tutorial video)
School Supplies Reimbursement for Treaty Rights Students
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 respects the Treaty Rights of Indigenous students. Indigenous students with Treaty Rights are exempt from paying school fees, provided that proof of Treaty Rights status is demonstrated. Consistent with the Education Act and Directives from the Minister of Education, Culture and Employment of the Government of the Northwest Territories, essential school supplies are provided to Treaty Rights Holders for the education program at the beginning of the school year.